Sikagard®-700 S is used as water repellent and colourless protective surface treatment on absorbent exposed materials such as concrete, cementitious rendering, concrete tiles, fibre cement, brickwork (clay and lime sand, non-vitrified), natural stone.
Sikagard®-700 S can also be used as hydrophobic primer under solvent based or emulsion protective coating
Sikagard®-700 S is used as water-repellent impregnation (hydrophobic treatment) for absorbent substrates such as concrete in civil engineering or building concrete structures
- Suitable for protection against ingress (Principle 1, method 1.1 of EN 1504-9),
- Suitable for moisture control (Principle 2, method 2.1 of EN 1504-9)
- Suitable for increasing the resistivity (Principle 8, method 8.1 of EN 1504-9)
- Reduction of capillary water absorption.
- Reduces efflorescence.
- Reduces dirt penetration into the pores.
- Improves thermal insulation.
- Can be overcoated with solvent based and dispersion coating.
- Higher durability and resistance than conventional silicone based treatments.
- Does usually not change the appearance of the substrate.
- Reduces chloride ion ingress and movement.
- Does not act as a vapour barrier.